On my quest to eat gluten-free, I have also been looking for grain-free options. Carbs are definitely my weakness! I could sit with a box of crackers and just eat the whole thing 🙂
I found this awesome recipe from Elana’s Pantry, and made some slight adaptations based on what I had in the house (which is pretty typical for me!).
Rosemary and Garlic Chive Crackers
1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped (approx 1 tbsp)
4 garlic chives, finely chopped (approx 1 tbsp)
Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste – approx 1/2 tsp – other sea salt would be fine)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 flax egg*
Preheat oven to 350°
1. Combine flour, salt, rosemary and garlic chives in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flax egg and olive oil.
3. Stir wet ingredients into the dry mixture – I like to use my hands at this point!
4. Roll the dough into a ball and place between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Press (with hands or rolling pin) the dough until desired thickness.
5. Remove top piece of parchment and place the bottom piece with dough on a baking sheet.
6. Cut dough into squares with a knife or pizza cutter.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
8. Let cool on on baking sheet for further crisping.
*1 flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp cold water. Stir and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until “gooey,” similar to egg consistency.
Inspired by: Elana’s Pantry Rosemary Crackers http://www.elanaspantry.com/rosemary-crackers/