It’s summer, and it’s warm. Over here in Montreal we just got through a major heat wave. So why am I posting a soup recipe?
Well, I am getting my wisdom teeth out today. Only 2 at least (got the other 2 out several years back), and the dentist seems to think it will be an easy extraction. Either way, I know eating will be difficult for a little while. Luckily the most frequented foods in my diet are sweet potatoes and avocados, both of which are nice and soft 🙂 However, this morning I decided to do a little prep by making a yummy Sweet Potato Soup.
Sweet Potato Soup
2 medium sweet potatoes, baked (or microwaved, see instructions below)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 green apple
2 large carrots
2 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes. I prefer to microwave them just because it’s easier and quicker. I put them in for about 6 minutes. Once cooked, let cool and then scoop out the potato for soup.
2. Sauté the chopped onion in the coconut oil.
3. Core and chop the green apple into large pieces.
4. Peel and chop the carrots (I decided to microwave them for 2 minutes just to soften them up, but it’s not necessary).
1. Put ingredients in the Vitamix.
2. Choose “soup mode” and let blend/cook OR select variable 1 and slowly increase to high, then blend 5-6 minutes.
I have not tried making this soup another way (if you do, please comment below!) but I think these directions would work.
1. Put ingredients in a blend and purée until smooth.
2. Pour blended mixture into a saucepan, and heat.
Inspired by: Sweet Potato Soup | Vitamix